Hey there, dear plastic buddies! It has been a while! Summer is almost over - and we hope it was as creative for you as it was for us.
Hey there, all you lovelies! PB reporting from the studio.
We are battling the crazy heatwave, that has London sweating for the last month. Studio is getting very hot by midday, but this doesn't stop us from spending days in there. Good news is that two thirds of the new album have been demoed, so certain song already start to take shape. Our plan during the next month or so will be to choose the first single and focus on it's production. It might be out into the world in September - fingers crossed.We have some live dates planned for UK for October and November, tour plans will be published asap.
Meanwhile, "Mechanics of Life" is still invading ear drums all around the world, with USA west coast and Australia particularly excited. We are truly humbled by the support we are getting from media and press and are eternally grateful. USA doesn't seem so far away anymore :)
ENJOY YOUR SUMMER, we are halfway through!
BIG NEWS! We are very very very happy to introduce you to Paul Love - Plastic Barricades' new drummer! We first met years ago, when we just relocated to London and were looking for our very first UK rehearsal studio. Paul's Paddock Studio was just down the road. Years later we finally had a chance to jam together, this time at our Shed Studio. Soon after that Frazer decided to take a break from playing music for a bit. And Paul there, ready to keep the heartbeat going.
Originally from Liverpool, Paul has been playing drums and other instruments since he was a kid, inspired, first and foremost, by The Beatles, but also his dad, who used to be a drummer in the 1970s. Paul likes to keep his musical duties as diverse as possible, so he is regularly writing, producing, mixing and doing live sound. Over the last years he has been involved in multiple projects and has played all around UK and Europe, including the biggest arenas he could find. Paul is also very keen on bicycles and travelling, as well as British history, so riding a Penny-farthing in a XIX century outfit through Westminster Abbey in our next music video is now entirely possible.
Paul has joined PB in the most exciting times, with album number 2 in the works and some interesting touring ideas, so you can expect a fresh wave of artistic inspiration, experimentation and a brand new live show, that we are planning to take on the road in autumn. We will play several dates around UK in summer as well, so keep your eyes peeled for the festival announcements.
1st of May was spent recording drums for the next single, that we called "Glaring Screens". We are dying to share it with you all as soon as possible (aiming for June-July release).
So put your hands together and send some love to Mr Love!!
Exciting news! Recording work for the next release starts next week and we are hoping to have the first single from our sophomore album to be ready to conquer the airwaves somewhere around June.
Meanwhile, our "Mechanics of Life" LP received an Akademia Music Award as "Best Alternative Rock Album" in Los Angeles. Big thank you to all the radio stations and journalists that have helped us get noticed on the West Coast, we will make sure to plan our first conquest of USA some time very soon.
PB ought to be back on the road with brand new songs (and some cool stage props and visuals) around September and October. But if you want to be the first to hear our new album live, keep your eyes peeled for several festival appearances in summer.
BIG news coming up next week!
SUMMER IS NEARLY HERE!
Hey there, our dear Plastic buddies! Our Shed Studio is nice and cosy these days. We know you are all eager to hear about our new songs and the sophomore album.
Well, at the moment we have about 5 finished demos and around 10 more unfinished ones - so there is a chance we could start production pretty soon. We've decided to spend most of March and April exploring and preparing new material. So there is a chance a new single might drop very soon.
"Mechanics of Life" is still going strong, with more and more radio stations around the world picking up the songs for rotation. We are very keen on the fact, that there is no immediate "favourite" amongst 11 tracks; instead we notice that every song gets attention from different journalists, reviewers and radio hosts. We will be doing more interviews and posting all the links into our PRESS section here, so if you are especially curious about Plastic Barricades behind-the-scenes - then that is the place to click on.
After the short-lived snowy chaos, London is looking quite optimistic and it feels like spring is just around the corner now. So stay positive and keep getting better at whatever you are up to!
Have a look at the coolest fan-art below, sent to us by Marianne from Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Here they are, the last few hours of 2017.
It was quite a special year for us as a band. First full album release, UK tour with some amazing bands, a special gig at the legendary Cavern Club in Liverpool, our first ever animated music video, all these incredibly awesome album reviews and interviews from UK, USA, Europe and Australia.
Tonight we want to say THANK YOU to our amazing team (Elina, Caterina, Stuart, Carl, Andrew, Andy) and to all you LOVELY fans from around the globe!
The world has been through some turbulent times lately. We really hope that 2018 will bring clarity to minds, love to the hearts and hope for peace to our souls.
Let's be better humans, let's stick together and let's make this world a little bit nicer.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
We love you!
Dan x Dani x Frazer
Hey there! Ready to wave 2017 goodbye? We have some cool news to go along with the festive mood! Two more tracks from "Mechanics of Life" album - "Our Favourite Delusions" and "Singularity-2045" - will get their own music videos! And one of them will be an animated one! We are very excited about this! Keep your eyes peeled!
The PRESS section has been upgraded with some latest interviews and reviews, so now you know what to do on a lonely winter eve!
"Mechanics of Life" has received an overwhelming amount of support from journalists and radio DJs worldwide, we are forever grateful! Many of you keep asking us about gigs - new wave of tour announcements should arrive somewhere around mid January. But we can confirm we will be out on the road bringing all the noises to a village near you from the end of February.
We are currently collecting some new interesting material and we are hoping to share some new songs with you all very soon.
Traditional New Year's Eve blog post coming up on the 31st of December!
What an INCREDIBLE tour! We’ve played 11 dates and travelled 4000 miles around UK with "Mechanics of Life" album tour - it was great to see all you lovely people! Thank you so much for coming out to support us! Beautiful crowds in amazing venues! VERY SPECIAL thank you to all the press that wrote such amazing reviews of our album and helped us out with promoting this tour.
- played legendary Cavern Club Liverpool. Childhood dream-come-true type event. Great vibes and very good sound. Also loading the gear down Matthew street is so much fun, you have to try to avoid all the tourists. And all the tourists think you are the next Beatles. Met wonderful Beija Flo who can sing her heart out, heard timeless rock of Shamona and some funky riffing from Two Of Substance!
- Slept at a venue after the gig, first time ever. No one told us though, that there will be an epic club night till 3 am and we have to party before we are allowed to bed. The whole building was shaking. Also had a cool jam with members of the mighty Vertical Noise, who brought some mean grunge to The Hairy Dog.
- Played Cluedo in Derby's Alchemy Board Game CafeBar. It turned out the butler was the killer!
- Fell in love with Wales once again. Gwdihŵ Café Bar in Cardiff and Meze lounge, Newport are both top spots for making loud noises. And the people are so friendly and enthusiastic! Have a listen to Fire Fences and Sienna UK - they are awesome!
- Were always late everywhere because of traffic. It is simply incredible how a four lane motorway can just stand still for no apparent reason other than the amount of cars.
- Didn’t break down except once. Good old Transit served us pretty well, except for a starter failure a day before a Bristol date. Thankfully, Dani was able to fit us into his Zafira.
- Covered a vintage Fender Mustang guitar with blood during 45 minute set because of a cut on a finger
- Couldn’t find the van in Liverpool. This happens a lot when we need to load out quickly and cannot leave the van at the venue. Dan parks it somewhere and then runs back for the soundcheck. After the gig in Lennon's took us an hour to find the van tucked into one of the narrow streets of central Liverpool.
- Learned how people hang out on a Thursday night in Bristol. Full on party mood at a very quirky venue- Mr. Wolfs Bristol. Combining our favourite bands, there were local heroes The Lasting Days! Like The Shins hanging out with Death Cab for Cutie! So excited to hear more!
- Were honoured to headline Oxjam Islington charity festival in October. Our 4th Oxjam Music Festival in a row. So good to see so many people donate to charity while enjoying live music. Perfect combo! Special thank you to Barry Causton for getting us on the bill again.
We will write a separate post to introduce you all properly to the bands we've discovered around the country during this tour!
Exciting news regarding merchandise shop and a new music video coming up soon!
We love you all!
Dan + Daniele + Frazer
Our "Mechanics of Life" UK Tour has been an epic roller-coaster so far! We have so many exciting stories to tell now! Meanwhile, the album is getting raving reviews from all around the world! We are overwhelmed by all the love and excited about playing some more gigs for you! Keep your eyes peeled for some exclusive behind-the-scenes from the tour!
This Saturday we will be doing something extra special! OXJAM ISLINGTON Charity Festival ! It will be our 4th year in a row, last year the donations have exceeded 25 000 pounds! Hoping to break this record on Saturday! On Radicalls and Victuallers stage at 11:45 pm!