What an INCREDIBLE tour! We’ve played 11 dates and travelled 4000 miles around UK with "Mechanics of Life" album tour - it was great to see all you lovely people! Thank you so much for coming out to support us! Beautiful crowds in amazing venues! VERY SPECIAL thank you to all the press that wrote such amazing reviews of our album and helped us out with promoting this tour.
- played legendary Cavern Club Liverpool. Childhood dream-come-true type event. Great vibes and very good sound. Also loading the gear down Matthew street is so much fun, you have to try to avoid all the tourists. And all the tourists think you are the next Beatles. Met wonderful Beija Flo who can sing her heart out, heard timeless rock of Shamona and some funky riffing from Two Of Substance!
- Slept at a venue after the gig, first time ever. No one told us though, that there will be an epic club night till 3 am and we have to party before we are allowed to bed. The whole building was shaking. Also had a cool jam with members of the mighty Vertical Noise, who brought some mean grunge to The Hairy Dog.
- Played Cluedo in Derby's Alchemy Board Game CafeBar. It turned out the butler was the killer!
- Fell in love with Wales once again. Gwdihŵ Café Bar in Cardiff and Meze lounge, Newport are both top spots for making loud noises. And the people are so friendly and enthusiastic! Have a listen to Fire Fences and Sienna UK - they are awesome!
- Were always late everywhere because of traffic. It is simply incredible how a four lane motorway can just stand still for no apparent reason other than the amount of cars.
- Didn’t break down except once. Good old Transit served us pretty well, except for a starter failure a day before a Bristol date. Thankfully, Dani was able to fit us into his Zafira.
- Covered a vintage Fender Mustang guitar with blood during 45 minute set because of a cut on a finger
- Couldn’t find the van in Liverpool. This happens a lot when we need to load out quickly and cannot leave the van at the venue. Dan parks it somewhere and then runs back for the soundcheck. After the gig in Lennon's took us an hour to find the van tucked into one of the narrow streets of central Liverpool.
- Learned how people hang out on a Thursday night in Bristol. Full on party mood at a very quirky venue- Mr. Wolfs Bristol. Combining our favourite bands, there were local heroes The Lasting Days! Like The Shins hanging out with Death Cab for Cutie! So excited to hear more!
- Were honoured to headline Oxjam Islington charity festival in October. Our 4th Oxjam Music Festival in a row. So good to see so many people donate to charity while enjoying live music. Perfect combo! Special thank you to Barry Causton for getting us on the bill again.
We will write a separate post to introduce you all properly to the bands we've discovered around the country during this tour!
Exciting news regarding merchandise shop and a new music video coming up soon!
We love you all!
Dan + Daniele + Frazer
Our "Mechanics of Life" UK Tour has been an epic roller-coaster so far! We have so many exciting stories to tell now! Meanwhile, the album is getting raving reviews from all around the world! We are overwhelmed by all the love and excited about playing some more gigs for you! Keep your eyes peeled for some exclusive behind-the-scenes from the tour!
This Saturday we will be doing something extra special! OXJAM ISLINGTON Charity Festival ! It will be our 4th year in a row, last year the donations have exceeded 25 000 pounds! Hoping to break this record on Saturday! On Radicalls and Victuallers stage at 11:45 pm!
First week of "Mechanics of Life" UK Tour is done! We've played incredible venues and met amazing people - very special thanks goes to Lloyd James Griffiths and Elin Burgess from Gwdihŵ Café Bar , Wastd Wednesdays from The Hairy Dog, Alice Nancy from Lennon's Bar, Petulant Penguin from Mau Mau Bar and Makeila Estelle and Chris McCormack from Proud Camden Live.
ALSO make sure you check out these seriously impressive bands, they blew us away - Vertical Noise, Sienna UK and Voksal! Hope to share the stage with you all again soon!
NEXT STOP of the tour - LEGENDARY Cavern Club Liverpool with crispy Two Of Substance this WEDNESDAY!
Check out the tour pics by Elina Pasok in our GALLERY section!
TONIGHT we launch the album at our favourite London venue - Proud Camden! We also play a very special daytime set at the fab Portobello Mau Mau at 4.30 pm. YES!!
"Mechanics of Life" now available on all major online platforms, including Spotify and iTunes. Some raving reviews coming in from Europe, USA and Australia - and we are so happy to hear that our message is supported with such passion!
First leg of "Mechanics of Life" UK tour is now done, with fab gigs in Cardiff, Derby and Liverpool. Legendary Cavern Club coming up next Wednesday with gigs in Chelmsford, Newport, Chester and Bristol to follow!
Our brand new merch shop should be open next week, expect some cool t-shirt designs and exclusive CDs.
Last day of summer - and we are very excited to dive into autumn! After so many sleepless nights and restless days at the studio we will finally have a chance to share our new album with all you, dear Plastic Buddies! "Mechanics of Life" will be invading your ear-canals via iTunes and Spotify from the 14th of September onwards. Who knows, we might even have a fresh new music video for you!
Meanwhile, all those lucky UK citizens should get their dusty calendars out and save some dates - we will be making electrical noises around the Kingdom in September and October with the album launch party at London's Camden Proud, gigs in Cardiff, Derby, Liverpool, Newport, Chester, Bristol and our all-time favourite Oxjam Islington Charity Festival. More dates will be added to the touring calendar during the next week, including shows in Manchester, Chelmsford, Plymouth and other cities.
We have a feeling this autumn is going to be pretty special!
Here it is! "Mechanics of Life" album cover! Created by our one and only Elina Pasok! You will be seeing a lot of it in the next months!
ALBUM OUT WORLDWIDE ON THE 14th of SEPTEMBER!
TOUR DATES: http://www.plasticbarricades.eu/index.php/live
LAUNCH PARTY: https://www.facebook.com/events/1936164996667032
BIG NEWS! The official LAUNCH PARTY for our new album "Mechanics of Life" will be happening on the 16th of September at one of our all-time favourite London venues - Proud Camden! We are super-duper excited to be working with Chris McCormack and Camden Rocks Presents and Anaconda Media!
Tickets are already available on pre-sale, BUT if you write us a message or an email we will happily include you and all your friends in our discounted list!
This will be a very special night for Plastic Barricades, "MECHANICS of LIFE" album will be out around the world on all digital platforms on the 14th of SEPTEMBER! We all have been waiting for this for too long! EXCLUSIVE fresh-from-the-oven signed CDs will be available at all the shows of the "Mechanics of Life UK Tour".
Here is the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1298749936889334
TICKET PRE-SALE: http://po.st/CamdenRocksTix
YES YES YES!
FIRST dates of our "Mechanics of Life" UK Tour announced! We are stoked to be going around the Kingdom once again.
First gig of the tour already happening his week in Leicester!
We have also just confirmed the date and the venue for our London album launch show party - so keep your eyes peeled for this announcement and expect some very special guests on the night.
Album mastering has been finished - and we still cannot believe it is all done and ready for your delicate ears to enjoy! We are very excited to share these new songs with you. Album release date will be announced next week!
Meanwhile, pack your bags and head to Leicester, we will see you there!
We are delighted to report that we reached the final stage of production for the upcoming "Mechanics of Life" album. The date for mastering with legendary engineer and our good friend Andy "Hippy" Baldwin at West London's Metropolis Studios has now been booked! The last 5 tracks from the album will be finished on the 14th of July! No more sleepless nights trying to figure out an arrangement, mix or vocal line! We are elated and anxious and the same time and just cannot wait to share this record with you all! We do have a release date in mind as well - so keep your eyes wide open for an official announcement very soon!
To get warmed up and ready for what looks to be a very busy gigging autumn we will be playing a couple of exclusive intimate shows in Leicester's The Shed and Manchester's Fab Cafe in summer. We will be all over the country in September and October with plenty of gigs to satisfy even the most demanding plastic buddy in the most remote part of the Kingdom. We also might reach the continent in November, but those European dates are still being organised.
New gig dates for autumn will be announced here and on other social platforms - so make sure to save some dates and come party with us! We promise, it is going to be one hell of an autumn!